Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Penyihir Kecil <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/29 18:42:51 UTC

i don't like the new tapestry 5 based on xml ?

dunno why but i'm little bothered by the new concept
of tapestry 5 based on xml

if it's true...then
it will has strict rules when writing html tag
it has to be xml rules not html

In a change from Tapestry 4, under Tapestry 5,
component templates are well formed XML documents.
That means that every open tag must have a matching
close tag, every attribute must be quoted, and so
forth.
[http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/templates.html]

in html when we forget to close the tag it will be ok
but in xml it will be show as an error....

second....the type .tml
it's really annoying....
he3x...just i will looks strange

just my 2 cents....

Re: i don't like the new tapestry 5 based on xml ?

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Heh.  See!?  I told you it should be configurable. ;)

christian.

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
If you switch to a 5.0.6 snapshot, yes.

Cheers,
Nick.

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Penyihir Kecil <pe...@yahoo.com>.
ow.... i can see now why it used *.tml
thnx nick for showing me the link....

Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp> wrote: Marketing eh? Interesting idea.

Penyihir Kecil wrote:
> i'm not saying i like unclosed tag
> we're not work alone man...
> when you're work on team
> everything could be happenned
> it's not about smart or dumb (sorry)
>
> just my humble opinion
>
> and also i think
> you don't have to personal attacking me
> it just my opinion about tapestry
> not personal attacking
> you should learn how to argue politey
>
> --- Chris Lewis  wrote:
>
>> If you're only real concern is that fact that you
>> have to have
>> well-formed documents, I'd suggest you examine your
>> coding practices.
>> Having unclosed tags is not smart as it will break
>> the rendering. As far
>> as *tml, I agree its annoying and its most likely
>> named that for
>> marketing reasons, but I dont use it. I use *html.
>>
>> chris
>>
>> Penyihir Kecil wrote:
>>> dunno why but i'm little bothered by the new
>> concept
>>> of tapestry 5 based on xml
>>>
>>> if it's true...then
>>> it will has strict rules when writing html tag
>>> it has to be xml rules not html

>>> In a change from Tapestry 4, under Tapestry 5,
>>> component templates are well formed XML documents.
>>> That means that every open tag must have a
>> matching
>>> close tag, every attribute must be quoted, and so
>>> forth.
>>>
> [http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/templates.html]
>>> in html when we forget to close the tag it will be
>> ok
>>> but in xml it will be show as an error....
>>>
>>> second....the type .tml
>>> it's really annoying....
>>> he3x...just i will looks strange
>>>
>>> just my 2 cents....

>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> users-help@tapestry.apache.org

>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>> users-help@tapestry.apache.org

Got a little couch potato?

Re: i don't like the new tapestry 5 based on xml ?

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
I was offering you a pragmatic reason for avoiding broken html at all
costs. I am not arguing and was certainly not insulting you.

Posted by Penyihir Kecil <pe...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.