Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2002/01/24 21:36:42 UTC

[Patch] FilesystemQueueImpl.java does not compile with latest Avalon.

> From: bugzilla@apache.org [mailto:bugzilla@apache.org]
>
> ------- Additional Comments From g-froehlich@gmx.de  2002-01-24
20:00 -------
> Sorry, but I think you can forget the 2.0 branch when the the 2.01 version
is
> release soon!

2.0.1 is a part of the 2.0 branch, no?

> 2.01 works with the new Avalon relaese well.

Only if your new store service is included. FilesystemQueueImpl will not
compile with Avalon/Excalibur 4.1 (release date: real soon now) as the
PriorityQueue interface changed from 4.0 to 4.1. The 4.1 PriorityQueue
accepts and returns Object, not Comparable as 4.0.

So, unless we stick with Avalon 4.0 for Cocoon 2.0.1, FilesystemQueueImpl
must be patched. I am about to call for a vote regarding upgrade to
Avalon/Framework 4.1.1 and Avalon/Excalibur 4.1 for Cocoon 2.0.1 as soon
as Berin pushes the big red release button for Avalon/Excalibur 4.1.

/LS

RE: [Patch] FilesystemQueueImpl.java does not compile with latest Avalon.

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.

> From: Gerhard Froehlich [mailto:g-froehlich@gmx.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> >From: Leo Sutic [mailto:leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com]
> >
> >> Sorry, but I think you can forget the 2.0 branch when the the
> 2.01 version
> >>is release soon!
> >
> >2.0.1 is a part of the 2.0 branch, no?
>
> Nope. We megered the stuff from 2.0 into HEAD and the new release will be
> build from the HEAD branch!

Excellent!

> Hmm we had this some month before. In the HEAD branch everything is kool
> with the new Avalon release. Look at the code, there is now Comparable
> anymore!

Ah... I thought HEAD == 2.1. Yes, I remember that - but I thought it was
just
relevant to 2.1.

I'll close the bug as soon as I've verified it. WinCVS should be done in
about
five minutes or so.

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

>From: Leo Sutic [mailto:leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com]
>
>> Sorry, but I think you can forget the 2.0 branch when the the 2.01 version
>>is release soon!
>
>2.0.1 is a part of the 2.0 branch, no?

Nope. We megered the stuff from 2.0 into HEAD and the new release will be
build from the HEAD branch!

>> 2.01 works with the new Avalon relaese well.
>
>Only if your new store service is included. FilesystemQueueImpl will not
>compile with Avalon/Excalibur 4.1 (release date: real soon now) as the
>PriorityQueue interface changed from 4.0 to 4.1. The 4.1 PriorityQueue
>accepts and returns Object, not Comparable as 4.0.
>
>So, unless we stick with Avalon 4.0 for Cocoon 2.0.1, FilesystemQueueImpl
>must be patched. I am about to call for a vote regarding upgrade to
>Avalon/Framework 4.1.1 and Avalon/Excalibur 4.1 for Cocoon 2.0.1 as soon
>as Berin pushes the big red release button for Avalon/Excalibur 4.1.

Hmm we had this some month before. In the HEAD branch everything is kool
with the new Avalon release. Look at the code, there is now Comparable
anymore!

Updateing 2.0 with the new Avalon/Excalibur 4.1 will be not necassary
because it's not used anymore.

Release date of Cocoon 2.01: real soon now (regarding to Carsten "thereleaseman"
Ziegeler.

  Gerhard