Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrus <ee...@online.ee> on 2003/06/27 10:56:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Remove Apache icon from Windows taskbar

>  How to remove apache icon from windows taskbar ?

> From: "Milan Reznicek" <re...@gytool.cz>
> It's not an Apache Icon but an icon of Apache Monitor which is not
neccesary
> to be running. So look into your StartUp and remove apache monitor.

Milan,

I use the following command :

apache.exe -DSSL  -DSILU

After that a DOS window appears in Windows 98. DOS window caption chows the
last cgi program executed.
i think taht this is Apache itselft, not Apache monitor. I don't run apache
monitor.
Any idea how to remove this icon from windows taskbar to to reome it to
system tray ?
I think there must be some utility which allows to move windows program to
system tray

Andrus.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Remove Apache icon from Windows taskbar

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Andrus wrote:

> After that a DOS window appears in Windows 98. DOS window caption
> chows the last cgi program executed.
> i think taht this is Apache itselft, not Apache monitor.

Yes, I think others thought that you meant the system tray.

> Any idea how to remove this icon from windows taskbar to to reome it to
> system tray ?

Yes, but it would take some effort to get it to the tray. Compile this
little masterpiece as a Win32 application (in VC++) and run it with apache
binary as argument.

=======================(hide_consoleapp_windows.c)=======================
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <windows.h>

int WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR command_line, int)
{
    system(command_line);
    return 0;
}

> I think there must be some utility which allows to move windows program to
> system tray

I haven't seen one, and it would be hard to do for generic windowed
applications. Why do you want it in the systray anyway?

Regards,
Robert Andersson