Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Mike Troxclaire <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/21 15:27:48 UTC

HSSF Servlet.

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to create an application where the user could a link and it
would create a formatted spreadsheet for them and lets them download that
spreadsheet onto their harddrive. Then I want to force them to follow the
format that I have set in the spreadsheet but I am not able to do that. When
the user is copying and pasting data all the formatting is lost in the
spreadsheet. I want the formatting to stay and may be give them a pop up
message if they are pasting the wrong data in the spreadsheet. Is this
doable? Any suggestions/input/ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike.

Re: HSSF Servlet.

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
this sounds like frontend functionality that is best put into
macros/vbscript for excel to maintain unless you want to do the
validation on the server side (cell by cell...).