Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com> on 2013/11/13 20:48:50 UTC

Rich Text Editor

I have an application where the user can use a rich text editor to enter
additional details.  Works pretty much as expected.

I am now working on a mobile version and the fonts which look great on
desktop, looks teeny tiny on mobile.  Is there a way to increase all the
font sizes by a factor?

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton,  MD  21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

RE: Rich Text Editor

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
If you intend to deliver on devices with different pixel densities (eg. iPad , iPad retina, etc...), you could also define the font sizes for the different DPIs, using @media CSS.

In your mobile css file, or in your mobile app's main Application class, you should be add a css entry for your component:

Example (replace s|RichEditableText with your component):
<fx:Style>
        @namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
        s|RichEditableText
        {
            fontSize:60;
        }
    </fx:Style>

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Rich Text Editor

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com> wrote:

> Well, when I tried the css below, I got this text below at all 60px.
>
> <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="14"
> COLOR="#000000" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Find out who is the accounts
> payable person there, send a bill to them with cc to George
> Reeder</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
>
> What I would like to have is the text "Find out who is the accounts payable
> person there, send a bill to them with cc to George Reeder" at SIZE="28"
> instead of SIZE="14" (which is what is stored in the database) and keeping
> all the other formatting (some entries might contain unordered lists,
> links,
> colored text ect.).  I'm guessing I'd have to use some sort of regular
> expression to pull out all the sizing info and double it?
>
> Mark

Ah, I understand your usecase now.  Have you tried setting the scaleX and
scaleY of the text editor to something slightly larger?  If this makes the
component more readable, you wont have to play around with the font sizes,
etc.

Thanks,
Om

RE: Rich Text Editor