Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Hadrien TULIPE <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 21:49:11 UTC

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

AFAIK there are no differences for config.xml between 2.x and 3.x and the
current piece of code can be reused as is. I won't swear it though, I saw
that you added a whitelist attribute to widgetInfo object.

Another thing, I tried config.xml validation on two projects: one created
with cordova-cli and another created with phonegap-cli. While the phonegap
project validated successfully the cordova one failed. This is due to
spec/config.js that requires a phonegap namespace (called 'gap'). What
about pure cordova projects?

Going back to config.xml support, I don't see much more that can be done.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken. Otherwise I can start on semthin else, I
saw two items in your previous TODO list:

- Double check existing API support (MobileSpec review)
- Using the correct platform javascript / resources based on the selected
device (would be nice)

Could you give me some more details on those two?

Regards

Hadrien Tulipe

Re: Support of Cordova 3.0.0

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
So I added support for running `ripple emulate` on a cordova 3.0 directory
[1].  There is still some work to do on it as right now it assumes that
they have an android platform.

Todo on it:
- handle different platforms (preparing and navigating to correct hosting
folder)
- handle selection of platfom based on query string
- open browser

- Double check existing API support (MobileSpec review)

We should ensure that our test count for Cordova's mobile spec [2] stays
the roughly the same between Cordova 2.X and Cordova 3.X. Any more tests
that we can pass during this review is awesome.

- Using the correct platform javascript / resources based on the selected
device (would be nice).

I will be handling this with my work mentioned above.

Things are starting to get close!

[1] -
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ripple.git;a=commitdiff;h=af934027bc2ec7f7761f8c25fc1765934fafb6a5
[2] - https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec