Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by loubs001 <lo...@students.unisa.edu.au> on 2006/05/30 21:39:52 UTC

inputCalendar with renderAsPopup="false" doesnt work

Having a problem when trying to use a flat inputCalendar
(renderAsPopup="false"). When I click "Submit", the Date value in my backing
bean is set to null! I cant see why. When I click the day links, it is
changing the selected day, updating my bean, and notifying a
ValueChangeListener. But when I click a Submit button, and my action method
cant retrieve the selected Date. It just gets null.

Or if i set required="true" and add a h:message, I get a "Value is required"
error message.

Is this a bug? If so it's a pretty big one! Or am I missing something? It
occurs with even something as simple as:

<f:view>
            <h:form id="testForm">
                <t:inputCalendar
                    id="mycalendar"
                    value="#{mybean.date}"
                    required="true"
                    currentDayCellClass="selected"/>
                <h:commandButton action="#{mybean.doSomething}"/>
                <h:message for="mycalendar"/>
            </h:form>
</f:view>
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.