Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2010/04/30 23:57:48 UTC

Thrift 0.3.0 RC0

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the following tarball be accepted as the official Thrift
0.3.0 release:

http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc0.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc0.tar.gz>

with GPG signature:
http://people.apache.org/~bryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc0.tar.gz.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebryanduxbury/thrift-0.3.0-rc0.tar.gz.asc>
with MD5sum: 465e70a2346480d47ce0e47b0c772a3e

This tarball was built by checking out
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/tags/0.3.0 and running
"./boostrap.sh && ./configure && make && make dist".

Please download, untar, configure, and build to verify that everything works
as expected. We need your +1 votes to make this one official!

-Bryan

RE: Thrift 0.3.0 RC0

Posted by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>.
wget, tar -xzf
./configure --with-ruby=no
make -j 4

Worked for me without issue. I don't have Ruby set up on the server I was testing with so I had to disable building the Ruby libraries. Someone with a ready-to-go Ruby machine should confirm that things still work with Ruby enabled.

+1 from me.

(In a future release, perhaps we could find a way for configure to auto-disable the ruby libs if the ruby interpreter is not present. It seems what happens on my machine is that I just end up with no $RUBY in my build environment.)

Re: Thrift 0.3.0 RC0

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Looks like I'm going to go -1 on this one myself. The included THRIFT-765
changes seem to be unreliable, as they're causing inexplicable encoding
errors during some of our Hadoop jobs. I will roll an RC1 without these
changes and repost.