Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cervenka, Tom" <TC...@uillinois.edu> on 2004/11/10 20:30:57 UTC

How do you log with verbosity?

The <Logger> component has a verbosity attribute but the
ServletContext.log method doesn't. Now LoggerBase.log does. How do I
access this object from a servlet or jsp?

-Tom Cervenka
University of Illinois

Re: How do you log with verbosity?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You don't. (or can't)

The servlet spec stinks with respect to logging. Personally - I avoid using
the log mehtods provided by the servlet API and use commons-logging.  Then
the underlying system can be tuning to the appropriate level of verbosenes.

-Tim