Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by John Mongan <jo...@ucsf.edu> on 2015/07/14 22:04:38 UTC

Developer install guide needs some changes

Hello all —

I’ve been doing a fresh developer install and noted a couple things in the developer install guide that could perhaps use some updating.

In particular:

The subversive plugin for maven (m2e) doesn’t seem to work or be maintained any more. Subclipse seems to be a functional replacement. You can install it from within Eclipse (Help | Install Software…) by adding the following sites:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.10.x

install everything for subclipse, then add

http://subclipse.tigris.org/m2eclipse/latest/

and install everything for m2e integration.

It doesn’t seem to be necessary to download the Dictionaries and models separately, they seem to be automatically downloaded by maven (in other words, skip steps 3-6 under Compile a release in Eclipse).

If this information could be included in the developer install guide somewhere it may help to save others some time.

Thanks,

John

RE: Developer install guide needs some changes

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
John,
Would you mind updating the doc directly?  If you send over your confluence wiki id (create an account?) and we can grant the necessary karma.

> It doesn't seem to be necessary to download the Dictionaries and models separately, they seem to be automatically downloaded by maven (in other words, skip steps 3-6 under Compile a release in Eclipse).
Yes, you are correct.  If you're in eclipse IDE, the plugin's will automatically download and unpack the dictionaries for you.

I've been doing a fresh developer install and noted a couple things in the developer install guide that could perhaps use some updating.

In particular:

The subversive plugin for maven (m2e) doesn't seem to work or be maintained any more. Subclipse seems to be a functional replacement. You can install it from within Eclipse (Help | Install Software...) by adding the following sites:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__subclipse.tigris.org_update-5F1.10.x&d=BQIF-g&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=huK2MFkj300qccT8OSuuoYhy_xEYujfPwiAxhPVz5WY&m=dWC-QSjZCNbyj6WA4ZDErywyBCUzUmfeo0NzMFIYZ0k&s=mrcIbRnh3ngTylS1jZXZWMODXDHKeuKSADgGlvDf5ms&e=

install everything for subclipse, then add

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__subclipse.tigris.org_m2eclipse_latest_&d=BQIF-g&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=huK2MFkj300qccT8OSuuoYhy_xEYujfPwiAxhPVz5WY&m=dWC-QSjZCNbyj6WA4ZDErywyBCUzUmfeo0NzMFIYZ0k&s=Lv3anY0_mLEGEFW5mehGL2ELt56xBihEk62aTv5PJ_Y&e=