Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Stefano Andreani <s_...@mail.com> on 2000/07/08 18:10:10 UTC

How to force a whitespace?

I need to force a whitespace in output between two xsl tag. With LotusXsl
0.17.3 I successfully used the this code:

         <xsl:value-of select="LASTNAME"/>
         <![CDATA[ ]]>
         <xsl:value-of select="FIRSTNAME"/>

but using xalan 1.0.1 the space between lastname and firstname
disappeared.

Please help me!

Thanks,
Stefano.

Re: How to force a whitespace?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Stefano Andreani wrote:

> I need to force a whitespace in output between two xsl tag. With LotusXsl
> 0.17.3 I successfully used the this code:
>
>          <xsl:value-of select="LASTNAME"/>
>          <![CDATA[ ]]>
>          <xsl:value-of select="FIRSTNAME"/>
>
> but using xalan 1.0.1 the space between lastname and firstname
> disappeared.

try:

<xsl:value-of select="LASTNAME"/>
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>