Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com> on 2002/11/05 03:21:43 UTC

Single sign-on With Jetspeed

Has anyone thought of using WebISO-related software,
http://middleware.internet2.edu/webiso/ , with Jetspeed for a single
sign-on solution. What would be the potential problems with WebISO
packages and Jetspeed?

Are there any recommended SSO packages for Jetspeed?

For SSO, it seems like you still need to create your own solution for
your business/industry, and cannot just install a SSO product. Or if you
do buy a SSO product, you cannot ingrate products from other vendors. I
am new to SSO, and have not implemented a solution yet, but from what I
have read, most SSO solutions are over-hyped. Please correct me if I am
wrong.

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Single sign-on With Jetspeed

Posted by rh...@telerama.com.
I think so.  I think it should just be a question of implementing the
appropriate adapter (a session initializer and session serializer).

I got this solution to do sso so far with
1) oracle portal
2) custom java apps
3) jetspeed
4) multiple turbine applications.