Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sebastian Gomez <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 15:16:51 UTC

RMI - Need help registering node types

Hi.

I'm having trouble registering node types using RMI. My problem is
similar to this one:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg06431.html

but I'm using Spring Modules. Everything goes OK until I try to
register node types, where I try to get a JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
but I receive a ClientNodeTypeManager, which makes a ClassCast
exception to be thrown (without the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager I can't
register node types).

What have I got to configure so as to obtain a
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager? Should I touch the server's beans o the
client's beans? I think I've tried everything...

I'd appreciate a lot your help.

Best regards.

Sebastian Gomez.

Re: RMI - Need help registering node types

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,

You have to acquire your remote repository using the
JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory instead of the default
ClientAdapterFactory. Otherwise the Jackrabbit API is not available on
the client side.

In short you should do:
        LocalAdapterFactory aFactory = new
        JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory();
        ClientRepositoryFactory rFactory = new
        ClientRepositoryFactory(aFactory);
        Repository repo = rFactory.getRepository(rmiURL);

Then you can cast the NodeTypeManager you get from the workspace to a
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager and can then register your node types.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix