Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mikhail Antonov <an...@apache.org> on 2017/04/07 08:31:55 UTC

[VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.3.1 (RC1) is available

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the second release candidate for Apache HBase
1.3.1 is available to download and testing.

The first release candidate (RC0) was taken down as it contained
compatibility issue (thanks Yu Li for finding it and getting it fixed). The
only difference from RC0 is HBASE-17886.

Artifacts are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/1.3.1RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1166

All artifacts are signed with my code signing key 35A4ABE2, which is also
in the project KEYS file at

http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

these artifacts correspond to commit hash

930b9a55528fe45d8edce7af42fef2d35e77677a tagged as 1.3.1RC1.

HBase 1.3.1 is the first maintenance release in the HBase 1.3.z release
line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes 68 resolved issues
since the initial 1.3.0 release that was 3 month ago.

The full list of issues addressed is available at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
projectId=12310753&version=12335746

and also in the CHANGES.txt file in the root directory of the source
tarball.

Please take a few minutes to verify the release and vote on
releasing it:

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 1.3.1
[ ] +0 no opinion

This Vote will run for one week and close Fri Apr 14, 2017 02:00 PST.

Thanks !
-Mikhail Antonov

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.3.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checked sums and signatures: ok
Built from source: ok (7u79)
RAT check passed: ok (7u79)
Compatibility check: ok (7u79), ran check_compatibility.sh locally, 100%
compatible with 1.3.0 (both binary and source)
Unit tests pass: ok (8u101)
Checked hbase shell commands: ok (8u101), ran DDL/flush/compact commands,
everything looks good
Loaded 1M rows with LTT: ok (8u101), all keys verified, latency and logs
looks good

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Compatibility report is available at:
http://home.apache.org/~antonov/1.3.0_1.3.1RC1_compat_report.html

-Mikhail

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Mikhail Antonov <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the second release candidate for Apache HBase
>  1.3.1 is available to download and testing.
>
> The first release candidate (RC0) was taken down as it contained
> compatibility issue (thanks Yu Li for finding it and getting it fixed). The
> only difference from RC0 is HBASE-17886.
>
> Artifacts are available here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/1.3.1RC1/
>
> Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1166
>
> All artifacts are signed with my code signing key 35A4ABE2, which is also
> in the project KEYS file at
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS
>
> these artifacts correspond to commit hash
>
> 930b9a55528fe45d8edce7af42fef2d35e77677a tagged as 1.3.1RC1.
>
> HBase 1.3.1 is the first maintenance release in the HBase 1.3.z release
> line,
> continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
> Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes 68 resolved issues
> since the initial 1.3.0 release that was 3 month ago.
>
> The full list of issues addressed is available at
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> ctId=12310753&version=12335746
>
> and also in the CHANGES.txt file in the root directory of the source
> tarball.
>
> Please take a few minutes to verify the release and vote on
> releasing it:
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 1.3.1
> [ ] +0 no opinion
>
> This Vote will run for one week and close Fri Apr 14, 2017 02:00 PST.
>
> Thanks !
> -Mikhail Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.3.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Stack - It did not yet; I have been running some long ITBLLs on distributed
clusters
just as some extra check. Looks good so far.

With 3 binding +1 (at the time the votes were casted) and 1 non-binding +1
and
absence of other votes, this RC passes and becomes Apache HBase 1.3.1
release.

Let me push it and post an announcement.

Thanks,
Mikhail

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> Did this get pushed?
> St.Ack
>

> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Mikhail Antonov <an...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that the second release candidate for Apache
> HBase
> > 1.3.1 is available to download and testing.
> >
> > The first release candidate (RC0) was taken down as it contained
> > compatibility issue (thanks Yu Li for finding it and getting it fixed).
> The
> > only difference from RC0 is HBASE-17886.
> >
> > Artifacts are available here:
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/1.3.1RC1/
> >
> > Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1166
> >
> > All artifacts are signed with my code signing key 35A4ABE2, which is also
> > in the project KEYS file at
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS
> >
> > these artifacts correspond to commit hash
> >
> > 930b9a55528fe45d8edce7af42fef2d35e77677a tagged as 1.3.1RC1.
> >
> > HBase 1.3.1 is the first maintenance release in the HBase 1.3.z release
> > line,
> > continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
> > Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes 68 resolved issues
> > since the initial 1.3.0 release that was 3 month ago.
> >
> > The full list of issues addressed is available at
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
> > projectId=12310753&version=12335746
> >
> > and also in the CHANGES.txt file in the root directory of the source
> > tarball.
> >
> > Please take a few minutes to verify the release and vote on
> > releasing it:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 1.3.1
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> >
> > This Vote will run for one week and close Fri Apr 14, 2017 02:00 PST.
> >
> > Thanks !
> > -Mikhail Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.3.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Did this get pushed?
St.Ack

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked sums and signatures: Okay
Ran test suite (1.8.0_91): Okay
RAT check: Okay

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs OK
* Can build from src
* License headers/src-release files look OK
* bin tarball's LICENSE is lacking [1]
* Can run tests (still going, but will comment if something bad arises)
* Glanced at compat report (thanks for publishing!).

Thanks Yu and Andrew for looking at 1.3.0 compat and Phoenix support,
respectively.

- Josh

[1] The following is bundled via the external block cache, but not
included in our LICENSE file
https://github.com/couchbase/spymemcached/blob/2.11.6/LICENSE.txt