Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Slavin <js...@marktwain.net> on 2004/09/16 17:20:09 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] suspected Virtual hosts problem

I have just set up apache with MacOS X 10.3.5.  I'm a newbie in getting
past the Mac GUI.  I've added WebDAV to my apache server.  I have one
computer server and a few others behind a LAN and then I'm connected to
the internet via router on a (sorry to say) dial up connection.  I've
assigned a static IP address to my server and it gets it's WAN address
dynamically assigned by the ISP.  I've set port forwarding on the
router to forward requests on port 8080 to my server's LAN IP address
on port 80.

I have no problem accessing my webdav server on the LAN or WAN, but
I've notice that I can't change the name of the folders I create using
any of the other LAN computers.  I did a TCP dump and sent it to a
friend of mine who in looking at it and says "The Destination URI of
the MOVE (rename) was "http://[local address]/testfolder". The server
responded with an error which included the message "Destination URI
refers to a different server."

He goes on to say that he believes the problem can be solved with a
VirtualHost directive and referred me here.  I thought I start taking a
look at the FAQs and archives, but can somebody tell me if the
VirtualHost directive is where I need to be looking?

John Slavin
Kirksville, MO
jslavin@marktwain.net