Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 16:29:21 UTC

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - find_vma failed

Hi,

Tomcat runs fine, but the log contains this message:

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - find_vma failed

Another thread said this was most likely due to the tomcat user not having access to the /proc file system, and that it's not a biggie.  Just thought I'd air it out, to see if anyone has any concerns about this?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location - find_vma failed

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tomcat runs fine, but the log contains this message:
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location - find_vma failed
>
> Another thread said this was most likely due to the tomcat user not
> having access to the /proc file system, and that it's not a biggie.
> Just thought I'd air it out, to see if anyone has any concerns about
> this?
do you get the same warning when you do the -server option?
JDK 1.5 and higher, does to introspection on the system to figure out
best runtime options internally.

Filip