Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gora Mohanty <go...@sarai.net> on 2010/08/31 17:56:41 UTC

Meeting of Solr users in Delhi/NCR, India?

Hi,

  From past postings, I understand that discussions on meetings
related to Solr are acceptable on this list.

  We have been talking about arranging a meeting in Delhi/National
Capital region (NCR) of people using Solr, or those interested in
search and related technologies. This first meeting will have no
specific agenda, and is largely intended at getting to know one
another. Please see the discussion in this thread on the ILUG-Delhi
mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg27151.html

As only moderate interest was expressed about Solr on the mailing
list, we propose to merge the meeting with a planned meetup of
Python people this coming Sun., the 5th, with a tentative time of
5pm. There are three possibilities for the venue---Dilli Haat,
Howzzat (the Gurgaon micro-brewery), and JNU. If you are interested
in Solr, and/or Python, and plan to attend such a meet, please vote
for your preference of venue at
http://www.snappoll.com/poll/339555.php by Wed. People interested
in other FOSS areas are also most welcome.

Regards,
Gora