Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/14 14:27:45 UTC

How to get the JIRA and release mapping and other way in Apache?

Hi,

a) How to know if a JIRA has been included in a particular release?

Usually, I get the patch for that JIRA and check the code against it to
make sure that the JIRA has been included in that particular release. Any
better way of doing this?

b) How to know in what all release a JIRA has been included?

BTW, I have 'git clone' on my Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks,
Praveen

Re: How to get the JIRA and release mapping and other way in Apache?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 11/14/2011 05:27 AM, Praveen Sripati wrote:
> a) How to know if a JIRA has been included in a particular release?
>
> Usually, I get the patch for that JIRA and check the code against it to
> make sure that the JIRA has been included in that particular release. Any
> better way of doing this?

Jira's "Fix Version/s" field should list releases that include a change.

Doug

RE: How to get the JIRA and release mapping and other way in Apache?

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G <ma...@huawei.com>.
All the Changes including in the target releases will be tracked in CHANGES.txt file.
Checking that file can give your expected information.

you can find it in <hadoop>.tar.gz/src/CHANGES.txt or if you have SVN setup, you can update and keep getting the latest updates in that file.

Regards,
Uma