Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 04:54:23 UTC

Important info regarding building eclipse plugin

FYI.

WTP and Eclipse have introduced into their builds a new concept of a
"qualifer".  This "qualifier" is basically a time-date stamp that
gets appended to the plugin jar version during their build for any
plugin that has changed
in that build.  This means that no 2 builds will have the same jar
versions.  So unlike before, the geronimo plugin could build against
any 1.0.x level of WTP.  This is no longer true and until I find a
more appropriate flexible solution, the build is now binded to a
given driver.

So from a users perspective wanting to build, this has minimum
impact.  Building with "maven build" will automatically download the
necessary drivers.  The only impact is they will no longer be able to
use the eclipse.home property to point to their own version of
eclipse to build against.

- sachin

Re: Important info regarding building eclipse plugin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
- sachin

On Feb 2, 2006, at 11:43 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> What does this mean to end-users who only want to use a pre-built
> Eclipse plug-in downloaded from the Devtools website?

No affect.

> Will they have to use the exact level of WTP that was used to build
> the plug-in?

No.

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.