Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Owen McShane <om...@vianetworks.co.uk> on 2004/07/02 14:15:00 UTC

Re: SA in the news: Builder.com

shiva@sewingwitch.com said:
> The Builder.com guide to SpamAssassin <http://builder.com.com/
> 5100-6372-5247932.html>

"A white list system makes it easy to list e-mail addresses that you know are valid; messages from these senders are exempted from filtering and get routed directly to your mailbox."

Hmm... not strictly true that bit is it?

Owen

--
 Via Net.Works UK Ltd
 Local Touch Global Reach

Re: SA in the news: Builder.com

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
Quoting Owen McShane <om...@vianetworks.co.uk>:

> shiva@sewingwitch.com said:
>> The Builder.com guide to SpamAssassin <http://builder.com.com/
>> 5100-6372-5247932.html>
>
> "A white list system makes it easy to list e-mail addresses that you
> know are valid; messages from these senders are exempted from
> filtering and get routed directly to your mailbox."
>
> Hmm... not strictly true that bit is it?

I was under the impression that the message still gets scanned before getting
delivered.  Not 100% about that though.

Jim