Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Thomas Pang <th...@db.com> on 2001/10/31 23:07:13 UTC

Help on Getting "environmental" information for RPC style services

Hi all,
     I'm currently using Apache SOAP for a project and have
hit the following problem:

I want to access environmental information from within my soap method,
so following the User Guide I have a  method with the following signature:

public synchronized String createSecurity( SOAPContext soapContext, String incomingRequest ) throws Exception

However, when I then run a SOAP client to test the service the client hangs.  Are there any known bugs on this
subject, are there any common mistakes I might be making?..... Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

p.s here's my deployment script

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
             id="urn:instrumentServer">
  <isd:provider type="java"
                scope="Application"
                methods="createSecurity">
    <isd:java class="com.db.ged.instrumentserver.InstrumentService" static="false"/>
  </isd:provider>
  <isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
</isd:service>