Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by yamuna prakash <ya...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/11 22:56:20 UTC

DASL support in Slide 1.0.16 and Slide2

I was hoping somebody could provide me information on
DASL support status for Slide 1.0.16 and Slide2.

DASL was dormant for quite sometime but there
has been recent activity.

So when Slide claims it supports DASL it is not clear to me which version
of the document it supports. In addition DASL has many operators optional,
so
it is not clear as to extent of support for these operators.

For example, in DASL (latest internet draft open till January 2004), the
"contains" operator is optional and the language does not support caseless
option (case -insensitive) for the "contains" operator.

A few more examples of this nature are there is no option
to specifying whether contains search may use stemming, or
if it should be an exact match, etc.

Instead DASL defines the behavior to be server dependent.

So when the documentation mentions that Slide supports DASL, it is not
clear to me as to whether it goes beyond DASL and provides additional
options.

if the slide development community can put out a document
describing the Search Grammar that would be very helpful.

Even an XML dtd or XML schema of the search grammar is fairly self
explanartory and may be a good starting point.

thanks.

Hey there, NRIs! Send money home.
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnleads/citibankrca/citibankrca2.asp?type=txt Use
Citibank RCA