Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gregory Simpson <gb...@aggies.ncat.edu> on 2017/01/18 23:28:28 UTC

qpid-route version error

Hello all,

I am trying to use the "qpid-route" command to create a broker federation.
The problem is that every time I use the qpid-route command and provide it
with a non local ip address as an argument it fails with the error "Failed:
VersionError - client: 0-10, server: 0-0". I have tried the command
qpid-route map localhost:5672 on each node it works but if it is changed to
the ip address of the other node it fails.

What I am trying to accomplish is using the following command:
qpid-route queue add <dest-broker> <src-broker <dest-exchange> <src-queue>

Has anyone ran into this error and is there a work around?

Greg Simpson

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 19/01/17 20:23, Gregory Simpson wrote:
> So currently I have 2 VMs and on one of them the the following command
> works:
> qpid-route map localhost:5672
>
> On the working VM I turned on the extra logging by using the -t option and
> seen that it is connecting to the broker.
>

> On the non working VM, when I run the the same commands it is failing with
> the VersionError exception that I shown before. I believe it is because for
> some reason it is not connecting to the broker. I say this because with the
> extra logging turned on the broker does not respond when I run the
> qpid-route command.

That suggests to me that the tool is connecting to some other broker,
which doesn't speak v 0-10.

Check which process is listening on 5672 (e.g. netstat -tulpn | grep :5672).

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Gregory Simpson <gb...@aggies.ncat.edu>.
I stopped the router and reran the broker and it seems to be working.

Thanks for all the help!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 19/01/17 22:58, Gregory Simpson wrote:
>
>> Sorry I forgot to include this line for the netstat output in the previous
>> email:
>> tcp        0      0 :::5672                     :::*
>> LISTEN      3493/qpidd
>>

> Odd, it looks like qpidd is listening on 5672 for ipv6 and qdrouterd for
> ipv4.
>
> If you stop the router, presumably you get a different error (i.e. fails
> to connect at all, nothing about versions).
>
> Maybe try stopping both router and qpidd, then restart qpidd only, then
> check again with netstat that it is listening on the ipv4 port?

Gregory Simpson
BS, Computer Engineering
Masters Student, Computer Science
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Gregory Simpson <gb...@aggies.ncat.edu>.
Sorry I forgot to include this line for the netstat output in the previous
email:
tcp        0      0 :::5672                     :::*
LISTEN      3493/qpidd

Are you saying that qpid-route is not suppose to use the address for the
broker set up using the qpidd command? I am not trying to use the
qpid-route command on qdrouterd process but I thought I was suppose to
point it towards the port of the qpidd process.

Even when I use a arbitrary port number which does not have a broker
listening on it I still receive the VersionError. Are you saying that the
qpid-route command is ignoring the option and connecting to something else?

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

Re: qpid-route version error

Posted by Gregory Simpson <gb...@aggies.ncat.edu>.