Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by pengwenwu2008 <pe...@163.com> on 2012/12/13 07:22:46 UTC

What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Hi all,

Could you help me What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win ?

Regards,
Wenwu,Peng

Re: What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The branch-1-win is a near-parallel code branch of branch-1, designed
to work natively on Windows operating systems without the need of
tools such as Cygwin to assist it.

If you are looking to use Windows as your development platform, using
a build off of this branch would give a better experience than using a
Cygwin + Apache Hadoop 1.x release tarball.

--
Harsh J

Re: What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
branch-1 is a branch where the latest work related to 1.x work is in
progress. This is the branch from where future 1.x releases (such as 1.2.0)
will come out of.
branch-1-win was branched off of branch-1 in around release 1.0.3
timeframe. This eventually will be merged into a future 1.x release when it
is ready.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

Re: What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: What is the difference between the branch-1 and branch-1-win

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J