Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Jayaram Subramanian <rs...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/20 19:48:07 UTC

Test Project Issue

Hi,
I am trying to build a test project for Derby in Eclipse. When i am doing
Ctrl+shift+t  in eclipse eclipse environment is able to locate the
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource and imported the
class using import statement. But in debug mode in eclipse it gives a
"source not found" exception  at the import statement. When i try doing
javac from the command prompt it gives a pacakage org..apache.derby.jdbc
does not exist issue. Am i missing anything here?

With Regards
Jayaram

Re: Test Project Issue

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Jayaram Subramanian
<rs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build a test project for Derby in Eclipse. When i am doing
> Ctrl+shift+t  in eclipse eclipse environment is able to locate the
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource and imported the
> class using import statement. But in debug mode in eclipse it gives a
> "source not found" exception  at the import statement. When i try doing
> javac from the command prompt it gives a pacakage org..apache.derby.jdbc
> does not exist issue. Am i missing anything here?
>
> With Regards
> Jayaram

Hi Jayaram,

Seems to me that you need to add the derby jars to the classpath tab
when you do your run in eclipse.
Similarly, it appears you may need to add the derby.jars to the
environment variable $CLASSPATH (or %CLASSPATH% on dos/windows, or
specify with a -cp) before you try to do your javac.

HTH
Myrna