Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Waseem Azhar <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 06:16:13 UTC

how to obtain server ip address

Hi,

How do I obtain the IP address of the machine (where the tomcat tomcat
server in running) ? My web app is deployed on tomcat server and I want to
know the Ip address of the server in my application.

Thanks in advance.

-Azhar

Re: how to obtain server ip address

Posted by Waseem Azhar <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes I want to obtain IP address programmatically, Thanks for the quick help.

-Azhar

Posted by "Lilianne E. Blaze" <li...@tlen.pl>.

Posted by Waseem Azhar <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes I have tried InetAddress.getLocalHost() and its working ...

Thanks,
-Azhar

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Waseem,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Sonal

RE: how to obtain server ip address

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Waseem Azhar [mailto:waseemzhr@gmail.com]
> Subject: how to obtain server ip address
>
> How do I obtain the IP address of the machine (where the
> tomcat tomcat server in running) ?

If you mean you want to obtain the IP address programmatically, you
should read the Servlet API Javadoc (hint: ServletRequest.getLocalAddr).
Otherwise, you'll need to be more specific about what you're trying to
do.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.