Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by HU...@LILLY.COM on 2001/11/01 19:02:26 UTC

Re: Can't seem to use myusername:mypassword@www.mydomain.com inaWebPagePortlet url

Excellent!  I like the caching strategy too!

Thanks!

Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>
11/01/01 12:05 PM
Please respond to Jetspeed Users List

        To:     Jetspeed Users List <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Can't seem to use myusername:mypassword@www.mydomain.com
inaWebPagePortlet url

Jim,
"I think I forgot to mention"!

I am thinking about adding the following WebPagePortlet parameters:
   "Send Jetspeed Username and Password" Type: Boolean
    Username Type: String
    Password Type: String

  Rules:
       "Send..."   "Username"   "Password"     Result
         true       don't care   don't care    Jetspeed username and
                                               password sent and cache
                                               disabled
         false      set          set           "Username" and "Password"
                                               "Password" sent and cache
                                               disabled
         false      set          unset         current behavior, i.e.
                                               no username or password
                                               sent and user page's
                                               cache rules

Anything else?

Paul Spencer

HUGHES_JAMES_B@LILLY.COM wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I think I forgot to mention that I wanted to pull the uid and password
> from the RunData object and append it on to the front of the URL (vs
> hardcoding in the URL parameter).  Is that what you were thinking?  This
> way we can bring in secured and personlized Cocoon Content.  This would
be
> fantastic!
>
> -Jim
>
> Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>
> 11/01/01 10:05 AM
> Please respond to Jetspeed Users List
>

>         To:     Jetspeed Users List <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: Can't seem to use
myusername:mypassword@www.mydomain.com in
> aWebPagePortlet url
>
> Jim,
> I will work on this.  For the sake of simplicity, I will try to extract
> the authorization info from the url.
>
> Paul Spencer
>
> HUGHES_JAMES_B@LILLY.COM wrote:
> >
> > Has this ever been resolved?  I have been following this discussion
for
> > some time.  I am also able to use the "username:password@url" in the
> > browser, but not in Jetspeed.  I could go ahead and try extending
> > WebPagePortlet (SecuredWebPagePortlet?) and add the code below.  I
> > wouldn't think this could be added to the WebPagePortlet class because
> we
> > don't always want this to happen.  Unless... we add a parameter
> > secured="true"?
> >
> >  This is currently a huge barrier for my project.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
> > 10/19/01 06:52 AM
> > Please respond to jetspeed-user
> >

> >         To:     jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >         cc:
> >         Subject:        Re: Can't seem to use
> myusername:mypassword@www.mydomain.com in a
> > WebPagePortlet url
> >
> > Jakopac, Dave wrote:
> >
> > >Paul-
> > >
> > >Attached is a relevant snippet from the log file. Username, password,
> > >etc., have been changed to protect the innocent.
> > >
> > >--dave
> > >
> > Can you try to send us a patch for the WebPagePortlet.java that uses
> > this technique?
> >
> > The patch should look for the authorization part in the url string,
and
> > use, conditionally, the technique you outline below. Then people can
> > test it under other jdk versions (I'm not sure about compatibility in
> > 1.3, IBM jdk, ...). If the patch succeeds, it should be applied
> > everywhere we use a URLConnection (disk cache only, I think).
> >
> > Take into account that WebPagePortlet was updated yesterday in cvs.

occurred:org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException:
> > The following URL is not available because it is considered invalid: http://myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com/ -> java.net.UnknownHostException: myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com
> > >[Thu Oct 04 11:11:53 CDT 2001] -- ERROR --
> > >                Exception:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException:
> > org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException: The
> > following URL is not available because it is considered invalid: http://myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com/ -> java.net.UnknownHostException: myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com
> > >                Stack Trace follows:
> > >                org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException:
> > org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException: The
> > following URL is not available because it is considered invalid: http://myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com/ -> java.net.UnknownHostException: myuserid:mypasswd@www.mydomain.com
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.WebPagePortlet.init(WebPagePortlet.java:123)
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.portaltoolkit.JetspeedPortalToolkitService.getSet(JetspeedPortalToolkitService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.portaltoolkit.JetspeedPortalToolkitService.getSet(JetspeedPortalToolkitService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jetspeed.util.template.JetspeedTool.getPane(JetspeedTool.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java, Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java, Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.decodeRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocityDirectScreen.buildTemplate(VelocityDirectScreen.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.TemplateScreen.doBuild(TemplateScreen.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Screen.build(Screen.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.eval(ScreenLoader.java,
Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.util.template.TemplateScreen.toString(TemplateScreen.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java, Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java, Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.decodeRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityDirectLayout.doBuild(VelocityDirectLayout.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java,
Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java, Compiled
> Code)
> > >                at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> > >                at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:222)
> > >                at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:162)
> > >                at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:421)
> > >                at

_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_1._jspService(_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_1.java:59)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
> > >                at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspCountedServlet.service(JspServlet.java:130)
> > >                at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:282)
> > >                at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:429)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java, Compiled
> > Code)
> > >                at
> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
> > Compiled Code)
> > >                at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
The hole I see in the intended implementation.  We are not maintaining a
session with the web server, nor are we rewriting any links in the
returned page with the user information.  This means any link returned
by the page will have NO user information, so clicking the link will be
seen by the web server as a request from an anonymous user.

Is this a problem?

Paul Spencer