Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aapo Laakkonen <aa...@projectcast.com> on 2001/07/25 13:36:55 UTC

Cutom Tag request

It just prints string values like <bean:write> tag but does not require name
attribute and cannot be used and associated with form. It also could have
<bean:message> functionality. I know that this isn't a big issue, but
sometimes
you want to display something in form that is not editable (e.g. Primary
Key).
I know that I can use <html:text readonly="true"> for most cases, but

Re: Cutom Tag request

Posted by Gregor Rayman <gr...@gmx.net>.
"Aapo Laakkonen" <aa...@projectcast.com> wrote:

> It just prints string values like <bean:write> tag but does not require name
> attribute and cannot be used and associated with form. It also could have
> <bean:message> functionality. I know that this isn't a big issue, but
> sometimes
> you want to display something in form that is not editable (e.g. Primary
> Key).
> I know that I can use <html:text readonly="true"> for most cases, but

I'd like something like <html:shown>. It should work like

Sometimes I use <html:hidden> and <bean:write> together to
display some property. When the user then submits the form
(in request scope) and the validate() method refuses the input,
there is no other way to get the data for the properties
used in <bean:write> since no action is performed. So I use

--
gR

Re: Cutom Tag request

Posted by Aapo Laakkonen <aa...@projectcast.com>.
> It just prints string values like <bean:write> tag but does not require
name
> attribute and cannot be used and associated with form.

Of course I meant:

It just prints string values like <bean:write> tag but does not require name
attribute and can be used and associated with form.