Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/07/15 12:15:12 UTC

JMeter unable to navigate from the web applications home page

I am using JMeter for load testing of my JSP based web application. I am able
to successfully login to the application by setting appropriate parameters
in the HTTP request. However when I try to navigate away from the home-page
by providing appropriate URL for the jsp,it fails with the message- you have
been logged out. I have provided a Cookie manager in my test-plan and the
session id for both the requests is the same. What I want to know is that is
there anyway in which I can specify ssotoken or some other parameters in my
request which allow me to stay logged in and also navigate away from the
home page? Also I tried recording this whole activity using JMeter but was
unable to do so. I have followed all the steps mentioned in the user manual.
Please help me out with this .

Re: JMeter unable to navigate from the web applications home page

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
I lose track of the number of times this form of question has been asked.
why not search google/mail archives to see similar questions ?
Do you have follow redirects on all samplers (instead of redirect
automatically)? Do you have dynamic data being used?
This tells you how to debug the issue
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DifferentBehaviour

>Also I tried recording this whole activity using JMeter but was unable to
do so.
Unless you actually tell us what error you got, what didnt work, there is no
way we can tell you what to do. There are tutorials telling you how to
record the script e.g.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdfand
various mails in these archives as well.

Posted by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks for your help. The problem is solved. The mistake I made while
recording was that I specified
localhost:port in my URL . Using IP:port helped and I was able to record the
steps.