Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by e nio <en...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/01 21:14:57 UTC

2.1-dev Logs at WEB-INF/logs/

Hello,
    How to enable the logs at WEB-ING/logs/ ?  I have tried by
enabling by setting <append>true</append> for the cocoon id
elements "sitemap", "access", "core" and "error" but still
nothing is appended in any of these files. Anywhere else I need
to enable anything?
    Also just wondering why the welcome.xslt  has the extension
of "xslt" instead of xsl? Not that it matters what extension as
long as it matches the structure and namespaces declared in it,
but more of curiousity to a changing trend?

Regards,
enio

RE: 2.1-dev Logs at WEB-INF/logs/

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
You /could/ use it as a distinguisher between an XSL that is used strictly
for 'styling' or an XSL that is used to 'transform' a tree.

You can use two different root elements in an XSL:

- xsl:transform  boo.xslt
- xsl:stylesheet boo.xsl

It doesn't really matter, but it can keep things more 'separated.'

Best,
-Rob

Re: 2.1-dev Logs at WEB-INF/logs/

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: 2.1-dev Logs at WEB-INF/logs/

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com>.
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, e nio wrote:

> Hello,
>     How to enable the logs at WEB-ING/logs/ ?  I have tried by
> enabling by setting <append>true</append> for the cocoon id
> elements "sitemap", "access", "core" and "error" but still
> nothing is appended in any of these files. Anywhere else I need
> to enable anything?

You need to set the log level in logkit.xconf.  Most of them are set to
"ERROR", I believe, so if you want more info I suggest setting them to
INFO or DEBUG (== lots of extra info).

>     Also just wondering why the welcome.xslt  has the extension
> of "xslt" instead of xsl? Not that it matters what extension as
> long as it matches the structure and namespaces declared in it,
> but more of curiousity to a changing trend?

Not sure about this, perhaps someone else can shed some light.  The
extension doesn't really matter usually though.. mostly convention.

Tony

--
Tony Collen
ICQ: 12410567 IRC: irc.byxnet.net