Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@home.ro> on 2002/04/30 19:08:24 UTC

Restricting access with a .htaccess file.

Hi all,

Do you know how to allow the page visitors to view only the html shtml htm
files from a folder but for the other files to receive a 403 error?

Thank you!

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro

Re: Restricting access with a .htaccess file.

Posted by "S. Wong" <sw...@webprincess-designs.com>.
I guess you could try the similar rewrite rules that blocks inline images.
Though I think mod_rewrite does Forbidden instead ... just do an ErrorDocument
for that and catch it there.

Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do you know how to allow the page visitors to view only the html shtml htm
> files from a folder but for the other files to receive a 403 error?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Teddy,
> orasnita@home.ro

Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess

Re: Restricting access with a .htaccess file.

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Order allow,deny

<FilesMatch "\.s?html?$">
	Allow from all
</FilesMatch>

Do you RTFM? ;-)

îÁ 2002.04.30 20:08 Octavian Rasnita ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: