Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alan Wright <At...@btinternet.com> on 2000/12/01 23:02:05 UTC

mod_jk.so

Any help or information gratefully recieved...

Looking at the binary downloads on the jakarta site the Linux section for 3.2 is
notable by its absence.
I have thus been trying (without success) to build my own mod_jk.so

Does anyone know if there are plans to put mod_jk.so for linux up on the site?

Has anyone succeeded in building their own mod_jk.so on Linux?

Has anyone successfully used the mod_jk.so files from the betas with the final
version of 3.2?  I tried to download with both IE5 and Netscape and both times
whent I tried to restart apache I received an error message suggesting that the
mod_jk.so file was garbled or not a DSO file.

Thanks

Alan Wright

ROOT context in Apache

Posted by Andreas Ljunggren <An...@ericsson.com>.
Howdy,
Is there any way to have the root of a Apache webserver server
by the ROOT context, and still being able to use PHP/CGI ?
I have made a small patch towards mod_jk but befor submiting it
I want to know if there already exists a functioning solution.

--My solution
JkMount /* ajp12
JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /*.php DECLINE    (ie. mod_jk declines handling it..)
JkMount /*.cgi DECLINE
DocumentRoot TOMCAT/webapps/ROOT/

/Andreas

Re: mod_jk.so

Posted by Alan Wright <At...@btinternet.com>.
Mathew

Once you have built the file you put it in with your other mod_xyz.so files
(/usr/lib/apache for me) and then use the LoadModule and AddModule commands in the
httpd.conf file.

I eventually managed to build the file on my linux box using make instead of the apsx
script.

thanks

Alan

Re: mod_jk.so