Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Vaidya, Omkar" <ov...@ptc.com> on 2024/01/05 09:55:55 UTC

Posting questions

Hi Team,

Tomcat Version - 9.0.62

Platform - Linux Platform

This is regarding like we have one customer issue where on Linux platform, we have configured our IOT-application (Thingworx), which is using Tomcat as a server.

So we are able to identify that even when we remove our application, Tomcat is creating a zombie (defunct) process, which is creating 200+ processes under the process table, which ultimately occupy all the OS resources and the application goes in a hung state. This issue is also reproducible on the Standalone Tomcat server also.

There are two scenarios mentioned below -

1.            If this is relatable to Tomcat can you please suggest any article or documentation so that we can stop zombie process creation, if this is a known issue or there is only way to clear zombie (defunct) process from Processes table of linux.

2.            Also, let us know if this is a Operating System specific issue like as it is reproducible only on Linux, So Linux os is the thing that creates the zombie (defunct) processes?

we are eagerly waiting for the response.

Thanks,

Omkar Vaidya.

RE: Posting questions

Posted by Simon Matter <si...@invoca.ch>.
> Refer to attached screenshot.

Attached screenshot? This is a public mailing list so your best option is
to provide information in posted text format, screenshots and other images
most likely won't make it through in a usable way :)

Regards,
Simon

RE: Posting questions

Posted by "Vaidya, Omkar" <ov...@ptc.com>.

Re: Posting questions

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.

On 1/5/24 07:31, Jalaj Asher wrote:
> Omkar,
> 2 questions
> 1. when you say processes what processes are you seeing being invoked and does it stop at 200 processes. May be a screen shot might help
> 2. does the tomcat have read write privilege on all its folders ? If not does giving those rights help ?

Do screen shots will make it through to the readers? Text from ps might
be safer.

RE: Posting questions

Posted by Jalaj Asher <ja...@eclinicalworks.com.INVALID>.
Omkar,