Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Bjorn Borud <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 12:01:53 UTC

Thrift artifacts in Maven repositories

the fact that neither Thrift nor Cassandra is available from any of the
official Maven repositories is starting to become a major pain-point.

(In particular when you have a Thrift-based service that uses a rather
recent Thrift build and that service is backed by a Cassandra data
store.)

what is the status of getting Thrift into the official Maven
repositories?  is there anything I can contribute to help this process
along?

-Bjørn

Re: Thrift artifacts in Maven repositories

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
2010/6/24 Bjørn Borud <bb...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:
>
>> As soon as this release is completed, we'll be putting Thrift into Maven
>> repos. So, once I post yet another RC, you can try it out and vote on it :)
>>

> excellent.  I'll keep an eye out for the new RC and test it as soon as I
> spot it.
>
> PS: do you have any contact with the Cassandra people?  Since they use
> thrift it would be really neat to have Cassandra use a release version of
> Thrift.

The Cassandra people will happily use a release version of Thrift as
soon as one exists that actually works with Cassandra.  0.2 had a
regression that made it unusable for us, which is why we're on a
post-0.2 snapshot from svn.  (We weren't able to test 0.2 during the
voting period because it also broke the Java API badly.)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Thrift artifacts in Maven repositories

Posted by Bjørn Borud <bb...@gmail.com>.

--
Bjørn Borud <bb...@gmail.com>
+47 920 46465

Re: Thrift artifacts in Maven repositories

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.