Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by yr...@gmail.com, yr...@gmail.com on 2018/04/06 23:29:44 UTC

Can I copy/paste codes under MIT license into Airflow

Hi All,
Greetings. I am writing unit tests for some Elasticsearch related changes and want to use this library: https://github.com/vrcmarcos/elasticmock for mocking. Unfortunately it is not working with current version of elasticsearch and elasticsearch_dsl libs so I had to copy/paste the code and make some changes to it to make it work. However, this lib is under MIT license, is it fine to do what I'm doing? If not, is using lib under MIT license in Airflow allowed at all?

Thank you all in advance,
Kevin Yang
Airbnb

Fwd: Can I copy/paste codes under MIT license into Airflow

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
FYI: This is a good reference on how to use MIT (and other Apache friendly)
license source code in the project. I think we need do a round of check
before next release.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taylor Edmiston <te...@gmail.com>.