Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Don Hayes <dh...@thprd.com> on 2002/08/26 21:01:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.39 and Cold Fusion MX

I was running Apache 2.0.36 and Cold Fusion MS on my W2k SP3 box just
fine. After moving to .40 the Apache services refuses to start. I tried
going back to .39 with the same results. It only works when I go back to
.36. It returns an error of "The Apache2 service terminated with
service-specific error 1" when I try to start it, even manually with all
Cold Fusion services not running. Any ideas?

Don Hayes
Database Administrator
Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreation District
Phone: (503) 614-1219
FAX: (503) 629-5398

Re: [users@httpd] graphical user interface for apache config files

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
well, depending on your platform itself.
linuxconfig for the xterm with mandrake gives you a graphic
configuration for apache, with every module, and argument, selectable
and editable.
it is under the networking tab in it.

mail.earthlink.net wrote:

>Hi....
>
>After a lot of searching with no real results... we've decided to post to
>this list in the hopes that we might get an answer...
>
>We're trying to find out if anyone has developed/used a good (open
>source/free)graphical/browser based tool for the configuration of the Apache
>config file. We have looked at Comanche, WebMin, and a couple of the
>SourceForge apps. But we haven't come up with one that satisfies what we're
>looking for.
>
>We're looking for a graphical tool that would let us modify the underlyig
>config file. It doesn't need to deal with Apache issues (start/stop/etc...).
>We want to be able to let users specify external output applications/files
>for their given log files... We would rather the user be able to handle this
>with a browser based tool instead of manually dealing with the config
>file...
>
>Thanks for any assistance...
>
>Bruce Douglas
>bedouglas@earthlink.net
>
>PS. If anyone has used a tool that's close and might like to modify it for
>our needs, let us know. We do have a small budget for a small project!!

[users@httpd] graphical user interface for apache config files

Go to MacroMedia's web site and search for an updated MX module for
Apache 2.0.39 or 2.0.40.  I'm pretty sure they published one to work
with 2.0.39.  Not sure if they've updated to 2.0.40 yet.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.39 and Cold Fusion MX

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.

[users@httpd] [summary] warn msgs: Apache does not support line-end ....

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.

It turned out that installation of the CrossOver
plug-ins/software insert a line into mime.type
with '#' comment in the middle of the line (Vs not
line that starts with '#').

When I altered the lines CrossOver install had
placed in mime.type, getting rid of the '#' the warn
message from apache's error_log stopped showing up.

Farid
UNM

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.
Greetings

apache  1.3.26 (linux rh 7.x)

I did search around to find what may cause this  but did not go very far.
This gets appended to the error_log  . . .
Any ideas?

[Mon Aug 26 14:05:26 2002] [warn] Apache does not support line-end
comments. Consider using quotes around argument: "# CrossOver"

Thanks,
Farid
UNM