Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2012/01/03 20:51:18 UTC

Re: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Message part {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust}RequestSecurityToken was not recognized.

This SOUNDS like the WCF tool is trying to setup a SecureConversation or
something.  The RequestSecurityToken element is usually used for that purpose.
I would check how the wcf tool is setup to see if you can turn off that level
of security for now.

Dan

On Friday, December 30, 2011 9:46:59 AM simran wrote:
> Hi
> Am working on cxf web service which will be used by a WCF client (microsoft)
> using wsHttpBinding.
>
> I have tested my webservice through java client and soap ui and it works
> fine.
> But when ever i try to test it from a WCF testing tool (SOA cleaner), i am
> getting the following error:
>
> org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Message part
> {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust}RequestSecurityToken was not
> recognized.  (Does it exist in service WSDL?)
>
> Earlier to this, i was getting exceptions like:
> MustUnderstand headers: [{http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing}Action,
> {http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing}To] are not understood
>
> but when i enabled the addressing like below, i am getting the exception
> mentioned above.
> @Addressing(enabled=true, required=true)
>

> Please help to resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks.

Daniel Kulp

AW: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Message part {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust}RequestSecurityToken was not recognized.

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi simran

A secure conversation related question has been raised here:
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Re-General-security-error-Provided-SAML-token-does-not-contain-a-suitable-key-tc4990489.html

The WS-SecureConversation standard defines three use cases:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-secureconversation/200512/ws-secureconversation-1.3-os.html#_Toc162064047

Based on the message sent to CXF (receiver) from .NET, the .NET client sends the RST (request for the STS) to the application service. This matches with the last use case described in the spec "Security context token created through negotiation/exchanges".

Which version of .NET do you use? The reason why I ask is that the STS request sent to the application service has the very old namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/trust".

Just want to ask, does CXF (2.5 onwards) support WsHttpBinding's Message
security system?

That's a tricky question in this community as the wshttpbinding is a system provided binding in WCF. Especially, the term binding has a different meaning in WCF as for instance in WSDL. I'd say you could compare the WCF binding with a CXF jaxws:endpoint and feature configuration.

As described in the msdn library here:

There different options for security: transport or message. Message means message-level security, but there are a lot of options. To avoid confusion with terms used in CXF and WCF, could you define what kind of features according to the standards in WS-Security, WS-Trust and such?

Thanks
------

Oliver Wulff

http://owulff.blogspot.com