Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Przemys��aw Tr��dak <pt...@apache.org> on 2020/01/14 18:33:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.6.0.rc1

Dear community,

This is a call for a releasing Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.6.0, release
candidate 1.

Apache MXNet (incubating) community has voted and approved the release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/87ae98b5449459f40b536af12bfe4b701305a28071fe7bd2173465d8%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0ea37213dc89a2d81f61285ab14653b14de90fd14d02d3fb27c9bf4b%40%3Cdev.mxnet.apache.org%3E

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.6.0.rc1/

The tag to be voted upon is 1.6.0.rc1:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/1.6.0.rc1

The release hash is ad1ff3aa8532f2f7e42a732f0d35dfb0574ca05c:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/commit/ad1ff3aa8532f2f7e42a732f0d35dfb0574ca05c

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.6.0+Release+notes

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 release this package as 1.6.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 do not release this package because...

Best regards,
Przemyslaw Tredak

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.6.0.rc1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

-1 binding due to license issues (see below) If you had used the work in progress declaimed as suggested last time this may not of been an issue.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes are fine
- DISCLAIMER exists
- I did a spot check LICENSE found some issues.  I did not exhaustively checked so their may be issue s I’ve not found.
- NOTICE incorrectly states "Copyright 2017 and onwards”. This has been pointed out in a number of releases. Is someone going to fix it?
- Look like some files incorrect have ASF headers
- Looks like a couple of file are missing ASF headers?
- No unexpected binary files
- Did not compile from source

Licensing issues I found:
- I can see several files now contain "Copyright 2019 Intel Corporation”  and " Copyright (c) 2019 by Contributors” it looks like some 3rd party code have been updated but the LICENSE file has not.
- license for this files [2] is missing and these [9] and these [10]
- files copyright  The MathJax Consortium e.g [3]
- file copyright  Martin Hensel [4]
- file copyright Bytedance Inc [5] of unknown license
- file copyright  NumPy Developers [6] this file look to incorrectly have an ASF header on it
- file copyright Xiao Liu + others [7] of unknown license which also incorrectly looks to have an ASF header on it
- file copyright Manuel Carrasco Moñin [8] which again seems to incorrectly have two headers

At that point I gave up. I suggest you write a script to try and fine file with incorrect headers.

I also notice this issue is still open [1] and has been for several releases.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/15547
2. ./docs/python_docs/themes/mx-theme/mxtheme/static/material-design-icons-3.0.1/iconfont/MaterialIcons-Regular.*
3. ./3rdparty/mkldnn/doc/assets/mathjax/jax/output/CommonHTML/fonts/TeX/SansSerif-Regular.js
4. ./3rdparty/mkldnn/doc/assets/mathjax/extensions/TeX/mhchem3/mhchem.js
5. ./3rdparty/ps-lite/src/ibverbs_van.h
6. ./src/operator/numpy/np_einsum_path_op-inl.h
7 ./example/image-classification/predict-cpp/image-classification-predict.cc
8. ./tests/nightly/sh2ju.sh
9. ./docs/python_docs/themes/mx-theme/mxtheme/static/font/Roboto/Roboto-Regular.*
10.  ./docs/python_docs/themes/mx-theme/mxtheme/static/webfonts/fa-solid-900.*