Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2017/07/15 17:16:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Name of new subproject for REST API webapp

Hi all,

As per the VOTE thread and VOTE RESULT just before, we are creating a new
subproject for the REST API webapp for MetaModel.

So the question arises: What should we name it.

Here are the suggestions that people passed in the VOTE thread. Can you
indicate what you prefer, or if you have other suggestions?

RESTMetaDataFederation
MetaModel Federator
MetaFederator
Quid pro quo
Waggle dance
Wanderlust
Lindy hop
Fair trade

In addition, please consider that there are certain naming considerations
that the ASF asks of us [1]. We will probably make it easier for ourselves
if the subproject name is prefixed with "Apache MetaModel" as to avoid too
much legal research to have to take place.

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/project-names.html

Best regards,
Kasper

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of new subproject for REST API webapp

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
One thing ... Try to say "MetaModel Membrane" really quick ... it's a lot
of M's! :-D

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michel Kern <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Gajanan Patil <Ga...@cybage.com>.
I think MetaModelFederation instead Federator suites more.

Regards,

GP

I personally like "MetaModel Federator". Or some word/phrase that catches the meaning of federation / collection / gathering / centralization.

> Hi all,

> As per the VOTE thread and VOTE RESULT just before, we are creating a

> new subproject for the REST API webapp for MetaModel.

> So the question arises: What should we name it.

> Here are the suggestions that people passed in the VOTE thread. Can

> you indicate what you prefer, or if you have other suggestions?

> RESTMetaDataFederation

> MetaModel Federator

> MetaFederator

> Quid pro quo

> Waggle dance

> Wanderlust

> Lindy hop

> Fair trade

> In addition, please consider that there are certain naming

> considerations that the ASF asks of us [1]. We will probably make it

> easier for ourselves if the subproject name is prefixed with "Apache

> MetaModel" as to avoid too much legal research to have to take place.

> [1] https://www.apache.org/dev/project-names.html

> Best regards,

> Kasper

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Name of new subproject for REST API webapp

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.