Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by dummy dum <du...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/22 21:49:25 UTC

<<

dummy dum <du...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,
  I had  posted a html parameter to the a java servlet using org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod
but iam retrive the posted data(param-name) using
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getParameter("paramname")
i get a "null" value. I searched forums but Iam not able get the solution.

httpclient version used: commons-httpclient-3.0-rc2

<The code I used is>

  HttpClient httpClient =   new HttpClient();
  PostMethod postMethod = new PostMethod("url");

NameValuePair[] data= new NameValuePair[1];
data[0] = new NameValuePair("paramname", "paramvalue");
postMethod.setRequestBody(data);

  int httpStatus = httpClient.executeMethod(postMethod);

  InputStream in = postMethod.getResponseBodyAsStream();

<The java servlet code is >

String parameterValue = javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getParameter("paramname");

could u help in this ASAP.

thanks in advance,

the dummy

---------------------------------

Re: disable the connection persistence

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 17:53 +0000, kunal ashar wrote:
> Hi
>
> To disable the connection persistence can I override the releaseConnection() method and close the connection immediately?

This is exactly what you should be doing

> For example
>
>  public class MyHTTPConnectionManager extends SimpleHttpConnectionManager{
>
>  public MyHTTPConnectionManager() {
>     super();
>      }
>
>   public void releaseConnection(HttpConnection conn) {
>     super.releaseConnection(conn);
>     conn.close();
>   }
>  }
>
> If I am not wrong, in case of SimpleHttpConnectionManager  we are not using any connection pool, if that is the case why persistence connection is used in case of SimpleHttpConnectionManager ?

Because connection persistence results in a noticeable performance
improvement and there are enough applications out there that are
intended to communicate with just one host or one host at a time.

Oleg

Re: No Timeout, No Exception, Runs Forever

Posted by Kent Gibson <ke...@yahoo.com>.
thanks! good idea, of course now it seems obvious.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kent Gibson <ke...@yahoo.com>.
I spent a good deal of yesterday trying to read this
url:

http://www.bush-music.com/discover.php

Clearly this script is misbehaving, but httpclient
just runs for over, no exception, no timeout, nada.

I have mostly been using get methods, with
getResponseBodyAsStream and getResponeBody.

I am stumped, does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried with rc candidate 3 and 4

thanks,

kent

Re: << Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Dummy (cute),

You may want to use an actual *instance* of the servlet request in your
servlet code:

protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) {

   String parameterValue = req.getParameter("paramname");

}

Cheers

Ortwin Glück

dummy dum wrote:

> dummy dum <du...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I had  posted a html parameter to the a java servlet using org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod
> but iam retrive the posted data(param-name) using
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getParameter("paramname")
> i get a "null" value. I searched forums but Iam not able get the solution.
>
> httpclient version used: commons-httpclient-3.0-rc2
>

> <The code I used is>
>

>   HttpClient httpClient =   new HttpClient();
>   PostMethod postMethod = new PostMethod("url");
>

> NameValuePair[] data= new NameValuePair[1];
> data[0] = new NameValuePair("paramname", "paramvalue");
> postMethod.setRequestBody(data);
>

>   int httpStatus = httpClient.executeMethod(postMethod);
>

>   InputStream in = postMethod.getResponseBodyAsStream();

> <The java servlet code is >
>

> String parameterValue = javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getParameter("paramname");
>

> could u help in this ASAP.
>

> thanks in advance,
>

> the dummy

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/