Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jessica Glover <gl...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 19:07:38 UTC

Nutch 2.3 server job status listener?

I'm writing a Java application that uses the Nutch REST API to execute the
crawl cycle. I need to be able to call the next job only when the previous
job is finished.

Right now, the only way I know to achieve this is by using GET /job/{jobId}
and checking for "state":"FINISHED" within the returned JSON. I do this
every few seconds or so until the job finishes.

While this method works, I've noticed all the GET requests are slowing down
the actual jobs, especially fetch. Is there a more elegant way to listen
for job completion?

Thanks,
Jessica