Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/01/05 13:30:49 UTC

Getting Ready for FOSDEM 2017

Hi Everyone

FOSDEM is less than a month away. For those of you who don't know about FOSDEM then please take a look at the link below:

https://fosdem.org/2017/

The main thing that people highlight is that it is free so please promote going to FOSDEM to your communities.

FOSDEM Wiki Page
---------------------------
I've updated the FOSDEM wiki page to include the key details from the conference.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/FOSDEM+2017

Please take a look. We are looking for volunteers to help out on the booth over the 2 days of the conference, so if you are going to be there and are willing to help then please add your name to the volunteer list.

ASF Booth
----------------
This year the ASF will again be running a booth at FOSDEM. Unfortunately we will only have one (last year we had a separate one for AOO too). As usual we will be talking to people about the ASF and giving away some ASF swag.

Promoting Your Project at FOSDEM
FOSDEM has up to 4-5000 attendees so is a great place to spread the word about your project.

If you would like to spend time on the ASF booth promoting your project then please sign up on the FOSDEM wiki page.  Initially we would like to split this into slots of 3-4 hours but this will depend on the number of projects that are represented.

Project Stickers
----------------------
If you are going to be at FOSDEM and do not have any project stickers to give away then we may, budget permitting be able to help you get some printed. Please contact me with your requirements.

Community Devroom
-------------------------------
This year FOSDEM will specifically include a Community Devroom covering a range of community related topics. See below for schedule

https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/track/community/

Social Event
People have asked about organising a ASF social event / meetup during the conference. This is possible but we will need know how many people are interested and what date works best for everyone. The wiki page contains a section for you to let us know when you will be in Brussels so please add your details if you would like to participate.

I hope this helps people see what a great event FOSDEM is and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of people from our ASF communities there.

Thanks
Sharan

Fwd: Getting Ready for FOSDEM 2017

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
FYI, if you're going to be at FOSDEM in February, it would be awesome to
see you there, and we can use some help promoting the ASF at the booth.