Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com> on 2018/10/26 22:11:04 UTC

CPU Count Drop On ECS

I was running a 8x i3.8xlarge cluster on AWS ECS, and it would normally display

^-- H/N/C [hosts=8, nodes=8, CPUs=256]

Then I recreated it and got this, and problems like I can no longer start visor.

^-- H/N/C [hosts=8, nodes=8, CPUs=8]

Our ECS task specifies CPU=0 -> 1 share.   I'm reverting the AMI to an
older version, but expect that the following was the trigger:

https://github.com/aws/amazon-ecs-agent/pull/1480

Disclaimer

Re: CPU Count Drop On ECS

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I remember the discussion where Java 8 did not support detecting change of #
available CPUs. Then it improved in some of builds. Anyway, I think it's out
of our control since we rely on Runtime.availableProcessors(), unless this
issue becomes very widespread and we have to fix it on out side.

Still, there was an issue where Visor will use management thread pool
incorrectly and lock it down. The solution in your case will be to force
thread pool size to some constant number, like '4' or '8'. See
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/thread-pools but specifically you should
increase Management pool size.

Re: CPU Count Drop On ECS

Posted by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com>.
Reverting the AWS AMI did not revert the ECS agent version.