Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Salman Thasleem <sa...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/04 05:06:48 UTC

My Proposal Draft for Apache ShenYu Gsoc 2023 - Design license scanning function

Hello to all the members of the community,
I hope this email finds you all well.
I am particularly interested in designing a license scanning function as it
aligns with my interests and skills. I believe that my proposal to design a
license scanning function will benefit the project by automating the
process of checking licenses manually.
By going through the community discussions, it was possible for me to find
well-written proposals, and I have included a link to my draft proposal
based on such a proposal below, which includes details about my idea and
how I plan to implement it. I am open to feedback on my proposal and am
willing to make changes as needed.
https://gist.github.com/salmanthasleem/3f979552aeff0018c23f190580ebe93a
I would like to mention that I have cloned the project and run it locally.
Currently, I am trying to learn more about licensing and how it works in
the Apache Shenyu project. Additionally, I'm working on a task issued in
the "apache/shenyu-dashboard" to make myself familiar with the codebase.
This will be my first open-source contribution, and I am excited about the
opportunity to contribute to this project more and more.
I would also like to apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding that
may have occurred in my previous emails sent to the Apache Shenyu
community. As a beginner, I am still learning how open-source communities
work, and I may have come across as rude or wrongly addressed some issues.
Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to improve my
communication with you.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back
from you.
Thank You,
Salman Thasleem