Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by David Mollitor <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 13:21:17 UTC

JUnit 5 Broke Unit Tests

Hello Gang,

When I check out master and run 'mvn clean install'.  A bunch of unit tests
are skipped and present the following error:

un 15, 2020 9:19:57 AM org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher
handleThrowable
WARNING: TestEngine with ID 'junit-vintage' failed to discover tests
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.junit.platform.engine.EngineDiscoveryRequest.getDiscoveryListener()Lorg/junit/platform/engine/EngineDiscoveryListener;
at
org.junit.platform.engine.support.discovery.EngineDiscoveryRequestResolution.resolveCompletely(EngineDiscoveryRequestResolution.java:88)
at
org.junit.platform.engine.support.discovery.EngineDiscoveryRequestResolution.run(EngineDiscoveryRequestResolution.java:82)
at
org.junit.platform.engine.support.discovery.EngineDiscoveryRequestResolver.resolve(EngineDiscoveryRequestResolver.java:113)
at
org.junit.vintage.engine.discovery.VintageDiscoverer.discover(VintageDiscoverer.java:44)
at
org.junit.vintage.engine.VintageTestEngine.discover(VintageTestEngine.java:63)

Re: JUnit 5 Broke Unit Tests

Posted by Zoltan Haindrich <ki...@rxd.hu>.
I think the most likely cause of this error is usually that the surefire-plugin is not capable of executin junit5 tests.
Could you please open a jira about it and share the steps to reproduce the issue?

cheers,
Zoltan