Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by prabhu Mahendran <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/02 10:48:55 UTC

How to send the success status to GetFile processor?

Consider the below scenario:

ProcessGroupA->ProcessGroupB

Since my ProcessgroupA ends with ExecuteProcess processor that runs console
application and save result into a directory. In ProcessGroupB, I will
process each file in the saved directory using GetFile processor.

Once, ProcessGroupA is completed I want to run the ProcessgroupB which
starts with GetFile processor. Since GetFile processor doesnt't have
upstream connection, I couldn't run the flow here. How to send the success
status to GetFile processor?

Note: Since I dont know the filename, FetchFile processor is not suitable
for my case.

Re: How to send the success status to GetFile processor?

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Prabhu

I must be missing something. Why do you need to know the fie name in advance? What I mean is you will know it eventually as soon as GetFile will pick it up from the pre-configured directory and it’s going to be one of the attributes ‘filename’ among many other attributes that should give you plenty of information about it.

Keep in mind, I am basing my response based on the use case you’ve described in your initial post which is a vary common business problem and the solution we are proposing is also a very common solution and while we do indeed have a FetchFile processor I don’t yet see how it would be beneficial in such use case.

Cheers
Oleg

On Feb 3, 2017, at 12:13 AM, prabhu Mahendran <pr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Oleg,

Thanks for your repsonse.

Is this possible for use directory in FetchFile or any processor ?  i don't know file name which is stored inside directory .

${absolute.path}\${filename}

Note: while using GetFile processor doesn't have upstream connections but i need processor which fetch file inside directory using directory name without give filename.

Many thanks

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
Prabhu

Not sure I fully understand.
While indeed GetFile does not allow for an incoming connection, it does allow for your use case to happen indirectly by monitoring a predefined directory. So, one PG finishes and produces a file that is being put into a directory monitored by another PG’s GetFile.

Am I missing something?

Cheers
Oleg

On Feb 2, 2017, at 5:48 AM, prabhu Mahendran <pr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Consider the below scenario:
ProcessGroupA->ProcessGroupB

Since my ProcessgroupA ends with ExecuteProcess processor that runs console application and save result into a directory. In ProcessGroupB, I will process each file in the saved directory using GetFile processor.

Once, ProcessGroupA is completed I want to run the ProcessgroupB which starts with GetFile processor. Since GetFile processor doesnt't have upstream connection, I couldn't run the flow here. How to send the success status to GetFile processor?

Posted by prabhu Mahendran <pr...@gmail.com>.
Oleg,