Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/01/07 09:44:46 UTC

Draft Board Report: January

The draft board report for January 2014 is due in a couple days.

You can find the draft here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2014+Jan

Feel free to provide corrections/suggestions. You can also edit the wiki
page directly.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Draft Board Report: January

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/7/14 3:25 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The draft board report for January 2014 is due in a couple days.
>>
>> You can find the draft here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2014+Jan
>>
>> Feel free to provide corrections/suggestions. You can also edit the wiki
>> page directly.
>>

> The January 15th date for the Apache Extras/Google Code issue is
> approaching quickly.  Do we need more urgency on finding a resolution
> there?  Or is there progress?

indeed quite soon and it is important for us

The report looks good to me

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Rob Weir wrote:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2014+Jan
> The January 15th date for the Apache Extras/Google Code issue is
> approaching quickly.  Do we need more urgency on finding a resolution
> there?  Or is there progress?

Besides writing that paragraph in our Board report (that will be sent to
the Board later this week), I've now also restarted the discussion on
the ComDev list. You can follow it at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201401.mbox/browser
Other projects asked but nothing conclusive came out of it yet.

For those who didn't bother checking the wiki: our Board reports have an
"Issues for Board Awareness" section, normally left empty. In our
reports since Jul 2013 I put there a warning about the Apache Extras
policy change. The current version of the January report contains:
   ---
OpenOffice depends on code stored at Apache Extras for its binary
releases. It is unclear whether Apache Extras will adopt the same
policy as Google Code http://s.apache.org/hzJ but, if it does, this
will be a major problem for OpenOffice starting 15 January. In
earlier conversations on the Infra list this was determined to be
a ComDev issue and there were no public updates so far about it.
   ---
Apache Extras is the place where we host the source code for external
libraries we bundle when we build with --category-b (this includes our
binary releases!).

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 08/01/2014 Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> ... board report for January 2014 is due in a couple days.
>> You can find the draft here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2014+Jan
> Looks good as usual...

Now sent.

Note: about the Apache Extras problem, I didn't see any progress worth
mentioning in either the public and private community lists. So I kept
the relevant paragraph in the report.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>wrote:

> The draft board report for January 2014 is due in a couple days.
>
> You can find the draft here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2014+Jan
>
> Feel free to provide corrections/suggestions. You can also edit the wiki
> page directly.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Looks good as usual...

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason