Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 17:44:05 UTC

Re: Some thoughts around adding security for Karaf Shell Commands

Hi all,

I have the pull request for KARAF-2455 (role-based security for OSGi
Services) and KARAF-2442 (role-based security for Karaf Shell
Commands) ready.
Since KARAF-2442 builds on top of KARAF-2455 (thanks Christian for
suggesting this originally) I included both in a single pull requests
as two separate commits: https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/22

One note - I have included lots of unit tests (generally > 95%
coverage for any of the code I touched) but am also planning to add
some system tests. However I'd like to add those system tests
separately later.

Feedback appreciated,

David

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again JB for reviewing and applying the commits.
I have written a blog article about how it all works here:
http://coderthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/role-based-access-control-for-karaf.html

Best regards,

David

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.