Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Björn Agel <bj...@agel-rosen.de> on 2011/06/21 12:23:44 UTC

Tomcat 7 Logging Log4J - [INFO] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase

Hi there,

I am using Log4j with the following log4j.properties for the Tomcat:

/log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R

     log4j.appender.R.File=${catalina.home}/logs/tomcat.log
     log4j.appender.R.encoding=UTF-8
     log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=2MB
     log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
     log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
     log4j.appender.R.append=true

     log4j.logger.org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache=ERROR
     log4j.logger.org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters=ERROR
     log4j.logger.org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources=ERROR

//
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www.agel-rosen.de].[/]=INFO/
//

I want to get rid of the following WARN message which appears every minute:

/2011-06-21 11:46:00,647 ["ajp-apr-8042"-exec-9] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[www.agel-rosen.de].[/] -
[WARN] PropertyMessageResources -   Resource ... Not Found. /

As you can see I tried to disable appearing that message with
"log4j.logger.org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources=ERROR" but it
doesn't ...
Anyone can help me further?

with best regards,
Björn

Tomcat Administration Training

Posted by "Garg, Saman" <Sa...@intuit.com>.
Could somebody please point me to an institute which conducts Tomcat
administration training in INDIA (Bangalore)?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Tomcat 7 Logging Log4J - [INFO] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase

Posted by Björn Agel <bj...@agel-rosen.de>.
Am 21.06.2011 15:33, schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
> 2011/6/21 Björn Agel<bj...@agel-rosen.de>:

>>> Search for the "PropertyMessageResources" string in the source code,
>>> or in the compiled class files (the string in classes is in UTF-8, so
>>> it will be visible as is).  The message should have come from
>>> somewhere.
>>>
>>> There is no "PropertyMessageResources" string in the Tomcat 7.0
>>> sources. I do not know what version you are actually using.
>>>

>> Here is the source code and the code line:
>> http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.struts/struts-core/1.3.10/org/apache/struts/util/PropertyMessageResources.java#352
>>
>> They are using commons-logging ...
>> I configured Tomcat 7 for using log4j as described here:
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/logging.html#Using_Log4j
>>
>> But it seems to be that my web application doesn't call log4j.
>> I thought without any special configuration, log4j would be used as the
>> default logger or am I wrong?
> It might be an effect of swallowOutput property being set on Context.
> [1] Though you should not use it if you have a logging framework.
>
> [1]: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin Kolinko

Yeah,

that's the solution!
The swallowOutput property was configured ... thank you! :)

best regards,
Björn

Re: Tomcat 7 Logging Log4J - [INFO] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Björn Agel <bj...@agel-rosen.de>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Björn Agel <bj...@agel-rosen.de>.