Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2005/04/26 07:23:05 UTC

OT: Good taglib repository - looking for date hadling tags

Hi all.

This is not exactly a Tomcat question, but since there are so many of us
developers (and admins) around, I thought I ask.

Is there a good repository of free JSP tag libraries for some common
things, like date printing/formatting, table display, etc?

When I say, date printing, I mean, if I have java.util.Timestamp, or
even better, java.sql.Timstamp, I'd like a tag that can print that as a
date or just time or a full timestamp. For tables, I think I saw
somewhere a tag that could print a collection as atable with alternating
style for rows, allowing you to format it with CSS.

What are you guys using when you need to print a date from a timestamp?

Nix.

Re: OT: Good taglib repository - looking for date hadling tags

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Rahul Akolkar wrote:

>One such repository:
>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

I feel dumb not looking there first. Alas, I'm not in a position to use
them, can you believe that? I'm using Struts 1.1 and it just doesn't
live well with JSTL. Tried it and had XML parser errors during
application deployment. This problem had been noted by others and the
only solution was to remove JSTL.

Nix.

Problem using Ditchnet Tab Taglibs

Posted by Terence Chan <te...@daviscomms.com.sg>.
Hi,

Has anyone used this taglib before? I am not able to display the image of
the tab. The author said it is a known issue when it deploys in Window. So
does anyone have a solution for this? Tomcat ver 5.0.028 is used.

Thanks

Terence

Re: OT: Good taglib repository - looking for date hadling tags

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
One such repository:
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

-Rahul